Tuesday, October 14, 2008

wasps and stinkbugs

I have found my house infested with some unwanted bugs. Every fall we get stinkbugs so this isn't new. There are many times up to 20 a day in the house for about six weeks or so and then they are gone. When they fly, they make this really loud buzzing and fly into things. I absolutely hate it so I smack as many as I can. Well now, right around the skylight, I started to see wasps. About 3-5 per day. I say per day cause I usually kill the ones from each day so I know its a new 3-5 each day. How do I kill a wasp successfully? Thanks to google, via a magazine and some hairspray. It scares the bejesus out of me that they hang out so close to me (the skylight is actually right in the cieling right by the computer). I had a pest inspector come out and when we were watching, he thought he actually saw one crawl in a corner so he thinks there may be a small hole around the edge. (big sigh) He said this may be worse in the spring when they are breeding and building nests. HELP! I think I am going to have to first find out if there is a hole and if so, fix it. Then I may need to spray. :/

No comments: