Friday, October 3, 2008

VP debate

So I expected the VP debate to be actually entertaining because I thought Biden would just knock Palin out of the water. Well I have to say that I think Palin can hold her own pretty well. Don't get me wrong... I still plan on voting Obama-- she didn't convince me of anything. She definitely got on my nerves tho with her constant claims that Biden was talking about the past (bush administration) and that she was talking about the future. I have to say I agreed fully with Biden when I want to hear what is going to be actually different than now. It isn't the past quite yet as we are still experiencing it and still under Bush and empty promises are worth crap.

Now is a fine time to remember that if the popular vote (which just plain makes sense) ruled, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. Big old sigh.

I have to give Palin credit though... 5 kids... one with downs... I wouldn't even have the energy to put on matching clothes let alone address the country.

2 comments:

Nicholas said...

She held her own as far as reciting memorized paragraphs went, but she was useless at actually answering questions, even to the extent of saying she didn't want to answer, but preferred to talk about something else. If you don't examine what she said very closely, she was able to bluff her way through the debate well. But she still shows herself to be totally unfit for the position of VP (let alone President should the worst befall).

Eimi said...

Oh I totally agree. She is still completely unfit to potentially run the country... she was ducking questions all over the shop!! She just debated much better than I thought she would... that's all I am saying!